View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 08:10 PM   #24
Skip

Wink Be careful what you wish for...

...because it may just come true.

Almost a year ago (August 6, 2005 to be exact) a very wise man had this great advice to pass in a Boater Education thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. Birdsall
I think that the Marine Patrol should hit with a good ticket everyone that is not following the 150' rule. It will be tough at first, but then people like us start talking and informing others that they are inforcing it. This in itself will do more for people than boaters education. and it will make our lake and our boating pleasure more enjoyable in the long run. can you imagine having your boat in Alton Bay after 10 watching the fireworks and with 1000, boats in the harbor able to get to Little Mark Island say in 15 minutes, no way possible b ut it is done, why cause nobody is inforcing the 150' rule. Enough said
Thanks John, for being honest in what happened to you on the Lake and sharing the story with all of us. It clearly shows that anyone of us are capable of making a mistake (in the Marine Patrol's eyes, that is .

I know the story you related made me sit up & take notice, and I will follow your advice from a year ago in reminding myself and others that the 150 foot rule is not one to be trifled with!

Skip
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote