View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
MikeF-NH

as a person who fishes and also pulls his kids on a tube, I have a different perspective. If skiers have an expectation that others should be considerate of what they are trying to accomplish and leave the area consider this: MANY times a bass fisherman is fishing an area early in the morning and enjoying calm waters only have have the water ski crowd come out and create huge wakes and making the fishing near impossible. Many ignore the 150' rule and eventually the fishermen must vacate the area. While it is frustrating, I've never seen a fisherman approach a ski boat or post on the Internet that the skiers should be considerate of others and leave an area that contains fisherman.

Now I don't believe that skiers should be forced or even asked to leave an area where there are fishermen (as long as they are respecting the 150' rule) but am instead using this as an example of why there should be no expectation that any group should feel entitled to any area of the lake except in a sanctioned event. If another legal activity is making your activity less enjoyable...leave the area.

The original poster of this thread had an additional problem in that he was already tubing presumably with his children and thus not confronting the skier was the absolute right thing to do and set a good example for his/her kids.
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeF-NH For This Useful Post: