View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #24
Grandpa Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
The good news is... my boat is all paid for, the bad news is... I made a terrible decision 6 years ago and bought a WAY undersized, and way underpowered pontoon, (20' - 50HP). Now, while we have enjoyed the boat in certain conditions, we have severely limited when, and how, we can use the boat.

I really like pontoons, the style and space on the boat is ideal for what we consider a great Winni boating experience. Way too many times we take a quick look at the lake and decide, "not a good day for our boat".

I'm actually considering a "good used", (now, there's an oxymoron for ya!) and am looking for a 24' (Max size for the LSP Marina) Tri Toon with at least 150HP, prefer more. Size does matter!

JMHO
I know I'm probably sounding like a broken record but ckeck out the Premier PTX tripples at Winnisquam Marine. If you don't mind waiting till the end of the season you can get a good price on their 2012 rental fleet, and still get a warranty on the boat and motor. That is what we have done and we couldn't be happier.