View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #18
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
I could be wrong (it happens), but I thought the 150' rule had a loophole that allowed you to pull up a skier within 150' of shore.
Yes their are some loop holes in the law. As I learned a couple of years ago...
However I will also say that the Marine Patrol is aware of the loop holes, and in talking to them I got the impression, that while the loop holes are their, they are still likely to confront people, when witnessed by an officer.....

However when I made my complaint, they explained the law and wording to me, and noted that what I was witnessing, could be considered unsafe, for which the Marine Patrol would have the right to confront the offenders. But With out being present to witness the entire surrounding environment, was actually with in the law.

The bottom line is their are gray areas when it comes to starting skiers off close to shore, but they are gray and their is lots of room for interpretation. And what you feel maybe safe, the Marine Patrol and your neighbors may view differently.