View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 06:12 AM   #11
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkatfly View Post
Dave, I assume you're talking about the pulley bearings not the complete pulley assemblies which wouldn't be available at an auto parts store.
I was definitely planning to keep the belt for emergency spare.

The plastic pulleys are usually bonded to the bearings and though the bearings can be pressed out and new ones pressed in, I would not trust them to stay together. If either pulley is metal (not common), I would not hesitate to re-use the pulley with a new bearing. Regardless, parts stores should have the pulleys you need, but you'll likely need to bring the old pulleys in to compare with what they have in stock to find a fit, unless you can find a cross reference to a standard automotive part number.

The VP part numbers that I believe fit your engine are:

3885250 (the entire tensioner assembly)
2158503 the idler pulley

Another option is to remove the pulleys from the engine and google the manufacturer part numbers on them that are typically molded, printed or stamped.

Unless the tensioner spring is broken, you can typically just replace the pulley on the tensioner if you can find the right part. FWIW, I have never failed to find generic replacement pulleys at auto parts stores for a serpentine belt application on a marine engine.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote