View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 06:17 PM   #21
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Moultonboro Snowmobiling

I am not sure what area of the lake this fellow was from and how familiar he was to the Green’s Basin area he was. Maybe this could have been avoided with the purchase of a $5 trail map? The reason I say this is in the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club’s new Trail Map there is an exploded view of the Greens Basin area. Bryants Point and the entrance to Greens Basin are marked with a RED “X” and DANGER. When I started riding the Moultonboro trails and the Lake some 13 years ago this was the first area every one told me to be careful of because on the open water. I presently do the Trial Report on the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club’s Website, http://www.moultonborosmc.com .

I do feel sorry for this fellow’s family. Maybe it was an accident or maybe foolhardy play. My concern is for the next snowmobiler who does not know the area or follows a set of tracks in the snow and finds open water facing them before they can react.

This is how I start every trail report:

1/28/06: DO NOT ASSUME THE LAKES ARE SAFE.
USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN RIDING ANY BODY OF WATER!

I try to update the report every Thursday.

WINNOCTURN

ps: I cropped the section of the trail map showing Bryants Point but it was too big to up load.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote