View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #16
GTO

Default Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
....ok.....today is Halloween, Oct 31, 2013 ..... and being a little bored, I decided to go stretch my legs and take about a two mile walk in the rain and 45-degree gloom of the early evening along about two miles of Waterville Valley's smooth paved and granite curbed sidewalks....

...stuck my head inside the front entrance to the WV Ice Arena to see what was happening, www.watervillevalley.org, and the big Zamboni was just finishing up, and it looked like there was not even one ice skater there in that great big, professional sized ice arena .... so that means for just like five dollars.....one can go ice skate in large circles from 5:45 to 7:00-pm entirely all alone in that large indoor space while listening to the sounds of Saturday Night Fever and other ice skating worthy music .....

....other thing to do while here......Jug Town Coffee Shop.....the Legend's Bar & Grill with its huge tv screen and about 500-channels .....Cayote Grill & Bar , a popular restaurant ......so come on up....about 13-miles up the road from Rt 93-Exit 28.....and watch out for that big moose at Hardy Hill ......it's worth the trip!

....while it may be rainy-gloomy-dreary outside.......inside the ice arena.....it is always 45-degrees cool and dry......brightly lighted.....with very smooth, high-quality ice .....just like a huge walk-in refrigerator!

....you know....it seems like ice skating is not really all that popular a thing for the local adults to do ......go figure? Maybe if ice skates had an engine and a noisy exhaust then it would be more popular around these here parts....but just my two cents? I hear that the two year old ice arena down in Plymouth, at Plymouth State University, does not get hardly anyone coming to their public skating time slots either? If only Harley Davidson came out with some motorized ice skates or something, then ice skating at the rinks would be a big hit!
Growing up in Lowell in the late 70's, we would go public skating at the Janas Rink and it was shoulder to shoulder people. Cheap night out, great exercise. I went public skating a couple of years ago at Plymouth and there were 7-8 people there