View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #10
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
SteveA,
I tried and tried to get pictures with detail of the moon surface and failed! I don' think I have as narrow an FOV lens as you, but even with manual settings I couldn't do it?

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike
It is a challenge, I tend to shoot lots of pictures, with lots of different settings. What "works" changes as the sky changes. I'd be happy to send you the original files that contain all of the information about the individual pictures specific settings.

Send me an email via Private Message with an email address and I'll send you the pictures. If you don't know, you can always "Right Click" on an image and read the embedded data that contains the information, some sites, including Winni.com, remove that data when you post pictures for privacy reasons. ( IMHO, a very good idea)

Here is a snip of the "data" ( This is from the 2nd picture above)

Name:  Photo info.JPG
Views: 821
Size:  22.2 KB

The ISO is very high, which would make a very "Grainy" picture if I tried to blow it up, as you can clearly see in the photo.

The picture just below it, (the third picture) was shot at f/11, 1/5th of a second, ISO 100 and 300 MM Focal length.
The slower shutter speed (1/5th of a second) allowed using the much less grainy ISO - 100. The negative of that
slow a shutter is that you would likely need a tripod, or something to set the camera on to avoid the shot being blurry.

Last edited by SteveA; 05-06-2012 at 05:19 PM.
SteveA is offline   Reply With Quote