View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #21
Sunbeam lodge

Smile Sunbeam Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
I just found a picture of your boat. (Link below) By the looks of the rear seating, it's going to be a lot of fun getting the starter out. The boat is only 14 years old so the starter bolts will hopefully not be rusted enough to give a problem.

Open the hatch and pull out all the seat cushions you can. As you face aft (looking down into the engine room) the starter is on the right (Stbd)side ...your left... WAY down under the starboard exhaust manifold and inside the engine bed. See if you can see it with a flashlight. Looking under there will give you an idea how difficult it may be to get in there, and get the starter out. You have to be able to reach it with tools. Good Luck. NB

http://www.westlakebeach.com/forsale/falcon-zion.htm

EDIT: Apparently you got it out while I was typing.
Well, after two hours with my feet up in the air and the boat rocking and rolling the waves and my head in the bilge I was able to get the starter top bolt in and then got the bottom bolt that was bent in the hole. But lo and behold what else could go wrong. The bolt snapped off.
Fortunately the bolt broke leaving a half dozen threads so that I may be able to get a new bolt and stack a few washers on it to get it tight.
Sunbeam lodge is offline   Reply With Quote