View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #25
Mee-n-Mac

Default Reasonable doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Lover
Mee-N-Mac

You keep forgetting that a jury found that operator NOT GUILTY of DWI. You seem to know more about that accident than the jury.
I'm not forgetting anything. I am remembering that reasonable doubt gets an aquittal and an aquittal isn't the same as "didn't do it". Do you remember the OJ trial ? I'm remembering the published comments by Chief Jaran and Thomas and Diane Girard. I'm also remembering the published comments by one of the jurors who said that he thought that if Littlefield hadn't been drinking that day the accident wouldn't have happened.

But just for the moment let's say that alcohol wasn't a factor at all. How does a single accident prove anything ? Would a single accident by a sober person doing 65 on Rt93 prove that the 65 mph speed limit is too high ? What, and I'm asking for your opinion, makes 25 at night a safe speed and 30 an unsafe one ? Is your opinion based solely the Hartman incident ?