View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 06:14 AM   #27
Island Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy
We love the difference in our family when we are at the lake. The shared outdoor activities during the day. The card and board games we would never take the time for back home. The many nights we forget to turn the TV on. Joking with the kids and girlfriends in the limited space of the "camp".

RG, that's what I love about the Lake, too. Our experience at the island is very simple. We fish, we play cards, we enjoy the water, we relax, but mostly we are together. I am more than 1/2 way through my annual jigsaw puzzle and I have played - and enjoyed - more games of Clue than I thought possible. And you'd never know how competitive (and long) a game of Trouble could be until you've played with my kids on a cool night in front of the woodstove.

Board games at home? Unlikely. A puzzle? No time. We've been at home for a few days and my kids have whined and cried about the television, something they never even mention at the Lake.

There's little that I "hate" about the Lake. I used to hate jetskis when they first came out, but I've gotten over it. I really don't like those loud, fast boats but maybe I'll get over that, too. If only they were quieter . . .