View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 07:46 AM   #5
Alton Bay Resident

Default Regal 2600 - Great Boat for Winni Lake Chop

Everyone has their own opinion, here's mine;

If you plan on boating on the weekend you have to deal with boat chop. Add any wind and you have the makings of a rough ride unless you have a boat in size / design to minimize the impact.

I have been on Lake Winni for the past 6 years and have owned 5 boats; 16’ pontoon, 20’5” Searay Sundowner (cuddy), 23’ Campion Allante (cuddy), 26’2” Rinker Captiva and finally 2600 (27’2”) Regal (bowrider). Some call this the two foot disease (meaning always looking to go up in size by 2’).

For the most part, my reason for going up in size was to minimize the effect of the boat chop / wind chop i.e. get a better ride.

I bought the current boat I have in 2005 new. At the time I purchased it I had no intentions of getting another boat. A friend of mine bought one and suggested I take one out for a test cruise in that he suggested for a boat of this size, it really made a significant difference in the ‘ride’. I’m sorry I took his advice in that I’m now back to making bigger boat payments but overall very happy I made the move. The Fastrac Hull really does make a huge difference when combined with a boat of this size, 27’2” (including swim platform).

If you primary goal is a better riding bowrider, I would look for a used Regal 2600. The basic design has not changed since I believe 1999-2000. These are well made boats and if you find one with decent hours within your budget, you may want to check it out.

My $.02 worth. Good luck!
Alton Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links