Thread: SeaPlane Access
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default SeaPlane Access

Well I didn't know where to stick this one. But since this ultimately ended up effecting boats, I stuck it here. Sunday Morning, my wife and I headed over to Center Harbor for a little breakfast. After securing the boat and starting to come in from the dock, we notice a sea plane coming in. Humm interesting I thought, as he headed for the ramp and temp load / unload parking. I said to my wife " I hope everything is ok "...

Well it turns out everything was ok, the seaplane pilot and his passenger where just coming in for a bagel and coffee too.... Now the docks had some cruisers etc, and there was no where for him to go. Except to nose into the temp space in front of the ramp. He did and he tied up. Unfortunately in doing so he basically shut the ramp down... Had anyone come with a boat of any size they would not have been able to launch.

So this brings me to the following, I know that the seaplane pilot had the right to land in Center Harbor... but once they are on the water what rules are they governed by? And if this had been a busy day with a line of boats should the town worker at the ramp turned him away?