View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #50
eillac@dow

This post started with a someone asking a question about Duck Mites, people offering articles, advice or comments about it, and someone else (me) saying, “hey we picked it up this weekend as well”. And now it has turned out as a thread that has received criticism? Why? It was a new topic that was being raised. Guess I thought the forum was to be a place of discussion. Is it not?

“No, the sky is not falling for me”. But was it a pain in the A for me, as yes, I have a 16 year old daughter that moaned and groaned about it. I am sure it was not as bad as she made it out to be…but I hated to listen to it and if I can prevent it for the rest of the season, I will try. It has been years since anyone in my family picked up duck itch and it was nice to see people respond with recommendations on how to treat or prevent.

Will we stop swimming because of it? No… and if the temps stay where they are we will be in the water more and more. But thanks to some forum members who offered advice as to towel off immediately or use sunscreen to help prevent it, perhaps my family will not have another outbreak this summer.

I do realize this is just a small part of life living in Northern New England and I have chosen to live my life here. I won’t be paying any tolls as I won’t be leaving.

I sure hope I just read to much into some of the responses.
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote