View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,697 Times in 820 Posts

Hi RG, The problem is that the Forum and PhotoPost are 2 separate systems provided by 2 different companies. Photopost does provide some integration with the forum but it's limited.

Both systems are commercial software packages that I purchased. Aside from adding plugins and other customization I can't alter the way they work too much.

Having said that, all the software packages that I use have had major upgrades recently and some additional integration may now be possible. Upgrading the site is a huge task since once I upgrade the Content Management System I then have to upgrade EVERY other package that depends on it. Doing that and getting everything working properly again will be a huge job that I'm not looking forward to. It will have to be done eventually but the new forum version 4 system is a complete rewrite and will be a little different than what everyone is used to. FLL won't be happy .

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Mr. RG on the Shakedown Cruise and I was so sad to hear about Mac.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote