View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #23
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Well some might have to or want to store their boats and pay a fee. many simply trailer them home or to a friends house for the winter.
If you look at global warming, or the supposed global warming factor. NH will have the same temps as Florida does now in no time. So more people will be moving here, as is the case already. Less develop-able (Is that a word?) land
So technically a slip should be a good thing to buy now. Hand it down to his kids for their inheritance.
In theory. I believe the slip values will remain or get higher. However the economy is taking a huge toll on slips. My other theory is if you can afford a slip there is no real danger to you. Sure invest and not buy. But then his original post becomes a moot point. But I keep going back to the fact that the person is looking to buy...not rent. Investment of a slip is truly not practical....right now. But practicality aside there are other advantages of owning other than price as I mentioned before. So let him decide on the practicality for himself. He may be in a good position to afford a slip. Yes? No? I have no idea.

BTW. Safe investment? What is that these days?

I am so confused. I am going to get an ice cream...............................
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post: