View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 AM   #37
ApS

Question Senators Only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
No, there are no special requirements to post or vote in the boating forum. Did someone say there was?
Until I saw the first-day's total, I thought voting was open to SENATORS ONLY!

(Though that might have made some interesting reading in itself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashugana View Post
"...I wonder how some people will spin or challenge Webmasters posting..."
The poll ran through the 8th.

Note the twin-spikes of 18 new members? They arrived when the sparkplug of this lake's largest Drinking-Speedboat-Partying forum broke a months-long silence to re-enter the debate here.

(That forum, like OBO, hides its super-secret-scandals forum.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
"...Unlike some people I don't hide behind a screen name on the internet...!"
Some people have extended families in the Lakes Region who are in favor of sane Winnipesaukee boating.

(Who don't need the hassle-factor-savvy of some Internet users).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashugana View Post
"...others are not honoring parrothead's request. He just wanted a simple, unscientific poll with no debate..."
Parrothead wants an unscientific poll?

Yup...Let's lock out the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
"...Acres, Did you read these messages and the one that Parrothead already deleted...?
I dunno—I've probably missed any-and-all deleted messages.

While I watch this site progress weekly to become the most software-up-to-date forum on the Internet, half of my responses go to >>Preview Post>>Done>>blank screen>>"disappeared-forever".

(My Millennium isn't the most up-to-date computer in the world and, like me, tends to get "tired" by evening.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper of the Sea Que View Post
"...The tired claim that those opposed to the 45mph/25mph must be for unlimited speeds has already been shown to be FALSE...".
How is the default position of sane boating law opponents NOT "Unlimited Speeds"?

Geesh...So many questions go unanswered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman671
"...An easy check to see if this has been skewed would be to throw out any votes from new members, or members that have joined within a certain pre-set window. Pretty simple..."
How about membership before August 11th, 2002?

The outrage was palpable here at that hit-and-run-negligent-murder. (Especially before it was learned who it was and that it was a 4½ ton GFBL.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper of the Sea Que View Post
"...APS's claim in THIS poll thread puts a bias into the results..."
Mine is not "a claim": those are direct quotes from OBO to throw a poll successfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmeeee View Post
You can only vote once in this poll, and anybody that uses the lake should have the right to vote once, shouldn't they?
Most revealing of OBO's quotes was...
Quote:
"We certainly don't need ignorant non-boaters taking polls like this away from us."
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead View Post
"...This poll was supposed to be fun...Was not my intention to "use" this poll for any agenda..."
Nope...no chance of that!