View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 04:23 PM   #52
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltdeadhead View Post
I can also say, until you produce me a handbook stating that Chauvin's actions for those 9 minutes was "by the book", it's of little point discussing this with you further. The onus is on you to back up your claim with proof.

That proof is not some documentary that likely has a tremendous amount of bias. Who made it? Project Veritas?

What happened outside of those 9 minutes does not matter. Floyd could have had his wrists and legs cuffed rendering him immobilized once Chauvin was on top of him and controlled. There were 3 other officers that could have applied that restraint while Chauvin had him pinned. Period. End of story.

Chauvin absolutely screwed up and deserves what he got. I have a half dozen relatives in law enforcement and they all say the same.
I guess I could turn it around on you. Show me a handbook, rule or regulation that says 9 minutes is excessive. I am not an expert on law enforcement, but I suspect it’s based on a reasonableness standard. In light of Floyd’s behavior prior to being detained by Chauvin, certainly his actions could be considered reasonable.

Most (no all) of the people I know who actually saw the documentary think Chauvin got a raw deal, so I guess we’re even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: