View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 10:05 AM   #53
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicrobotmonkey View Post
"I think seeing someone walking with two bikes, or their entire possessions in a backpack, is reasonable suspicion."

reasonable suspicion of what?
1) that they stole at least one of the bikes, and 2) that they are up to no good.

This reminds me of a story that I've shared before on this Forum. In the Army (National Guard, which is part time), I prosecuted and represented many soldiers accused of various things. A lot of them for illegal drug use, mostly marijuana and cocaine. I was having lunch with a couple of young (left-leaning) associates at my firm, and mentioned that if a soldier accused of testing positive for drug use had a prior offense, s/he definitely did it. Keep in mind, the individual only got caught, and most certainly committed many more offenses. The two young associates said "You can't believe that!" They had no real life experiences, no common sense. They've never dealt with anyone accused of a crime.

Anyone with common sense, and have first hand witnessed the homelessness problem in Laconia, understands.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote