View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #113
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,146 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Birchhaven...

Meanwhile, they found a buyer for the property (rumoured to be Irving Oil) who was going to transform the property into some sort of gas station/drive thru, contingent on approval from the city. The city was onboard but wanted the property developer to pay the COST of the now being built rotary. That KILLED the project dead.

Just another example of how the City of Laconia thinks....
Woodsy
I disagree with your information. I went to the meetings about the development of that property, spoke with the lawyers, and attended several hearings at Laconia City Hall. The city was never "onboard" with the plans for that lot.

The demise of that plan was because the developers wanted to combine a gas station, convenience store, and Dunkin Donuts with a drive through, on a very small lot. The concerns about more underground gas tanks close to Laconia's water supply, overdevelopment of that lot, impact on neighboring properties, and the impact on traffic caused the city to reject the plan.

At all of the meetings I attended there was no mention of the property owner paying for any expenses related to the traffic circle. This happened 3 or 4 years ago and I do not recall the subject of the traffic circle ever being mentioned.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote