View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #222
Resident 2B

Just my opinion: Small time thinking yields small brained results.

I was initially opposed to this Skydiving proposal. Then, I got motivated and did some research. My opposition was based on limited thinking. After digging into what is happening very safely throughout this country and planet, I have concluded this Skydiving proposal is a solid, well-thought out proposal. I also concluded that the FAA has significantly more knowledge about this than anyone on any local NH board. If it works for the FAA, it works for me.

I do not pay taxes to Gilford. I pay much more that my share to Laconia. However, this well-thought-out skydiving proposal has a regional impact, as it brings revenue into our area. It is time to look at what has been non-traditional revenue sources to support our local towns. Gone are the days of sticking uncontrolled, local expenses mainly on the backs of out-of-state property owners.

Who do these small thinkers on the Gilford Board of Selectmen think they are fooling? The Ames Farm thinking on their part is/was a mess, and now this! Please, if you are a Giilford Selectman, get the town out and fix the potholes and leave these issues to the proper federal authorities that are more able to think and make fair decisions. Your kangaroo court antics are getting tired! If you want a fair discussion, let both sides of the argument be heard. This is the USA, even in your little world of Gilford, NH.

For the record, I have no desire to jump out of a perfectly air capable aircraft and I have not met and do I know the Noonans. I just have had it with the small-brain thinking I see all too often around this area, an area where I have a significant, but dwindling, real estate investment.

R2B

Last edited by Resident 2B; 04-04-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Resident 2B For This Useful Post: