View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Default High Speed Police Pursuit While Towing a Boat?

see link to video here....

High Speed Police Pursuit While Towing a Boat? (courtesy NECN)

I'm not a boat person so luckily I don't have to read through all of these tiresome/contentious threads on boating and the speed limit, however, this caught my eye on NECN this a.m. and I thought you boaters might get a kick out of it. File under "boating and exceeding the speed limit."

Quote:
(NECN/WFSB: Guilford, Conn.) - It was a high-speed police chase involving a boat, and Connecticut police caught the incident on dash-cam video. Several police officers followed a 32-foot Boston whaler at speeds up to 95 miles an hour into Guilford, Connecticut on Thursday. East Haven police said the boat was stolen from Diamond Marine. Several miles into the pursuit, the suspect began weaving and that was when the boat flipped off the trailer and dragged along Interstate-95. When police caught up, Patrick Holland was arrested.

Diamond Marine had been talking to Holland about buying a boat. He has been a long time customer. But the manager said he had his heart set on a boat that was already sold. Police said Holland backed his pickup truck to the boat, hooked it up and took off.
Diamond Marine called 911, which led to the I-95 pursuit.

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcdude For This Useful Post: