View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #28
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Why is it people complain about the priming of jet pump systems.... I was allowed to share a well with a neighbor for a while and got used to the easy life... But a few years back decided to go back to my own water system. (sharing sometimes doesn't work out)....

It takes me about 30 mins, to get the pipe in the water... I don't worry about getting it immediately in the right spot......prime the pump... and have running water...... I don't use any special tactics I Fill the water line to the pump and bell housing and give the air a path to escape... As long as your fittings are tight so your not sucking in air... these systems are really easy to manage....

As long as the foot valve is underwater you should be all set... I used mine for the first weekend, with it only in a few feet of water..and throwing distance from shore.. Last weekend with a wetsuit on, I moved it out to a deeper location, in just a few simple minutes...