View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #81
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
Your logic is, well, illogical. No, it is nonsencical, and does nothing to prove your premise. For example, how do you propose the local officials test for horsepower? Becasue they would have to test each boat and everytime it goes out. All my vehicle's engines--including my boat and are anything but in a stock configuration. What makes you think that engines mods would suddenly stop? Legislate that.

Still you spew the mantra that a law enacted in the worst economy on 80 years is the sole reason for no speeding tickets, and a "quieter lake". Your twisted logic concludes that no speeding tickets is exclusive to SL legislation?

Lastly, you insist on and continue to insult performance boat owners such as myself by calling us "cowboys". Perhaps the webmaster should step in and remind you of the rules of this forum. I'm sure that you would not find it becoming if "us cowboys" started calling you and others of like opinion "lake geezers" or such other IMO, appropriate term.

Post script: This whole discussion is stupid. Attempting to have a factual, cogent discussion with you is like trying to push on a rope that's been dangling in the water all summer: you can't and all you do end up with is a slimy hand.

giddy up.
No need to test for horsepower, it is printed right on your registration. Yes you could modify your engine or even drop in a different one. Then or course you would be committing a crime when you register your boat with information you know to be incorrect. Even then you could only cheat on the horsepower a little, the Marine Patrol officers are not idiots.

More importantly you are missing the fact that HP limits exist on many New Hampshire lakes already WITHOUT enforcement problems.

Sorry but I have never claimed the speed limit has made a perceptible difference yet. I think the jury is still out on that.

Sorry again, I have never called performance boaters or any other particular boater a cowboy. Some boaters do in fact have a cowboy mentality. Some operate performance boats, one went by my home not long ago. But cowboys can be found in any kind of power boat.

Have you actually read my posts? Or are you to busy railing against them?