View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 05:11 AM   #15
ApS

Red face Maybe, There Is Access—Also, Maybe Not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristen View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, there is no access to the attic from inside my house. I have one of those ultrasonic plug-in things in my garage. I believe they work, as we have not had any issues with mice....thank god!

I contacted an exterminator today, but have not heard back from them yet. I will follow up tomorrow. Like you said....don't want these critters making themselves comfortable for the winter.

Thanks again!
1) Inside-access to an attic may be difficult to locate: use a broomstick (gently) to lift each closet's "ceiling". You may find one loose panel that can be moved upwards but then may need to remove everything in that closet to climb into the attic.

2) I was skeptical of those ultrasonic plug-in devices—and wouldn't have bought one in the first place; however, I bought a house recently that had one installed, and there seems to be "something to it" that works!

3) Chipmunks are seldom a "house problem".

4) The squirrels' access must eventually be found and closed off—for good; otherwise, a second family of critters will settle there.

5) A neighbor had a "professional exterminator" remove a noisy critter from his attic. The following night, the neighbor heard tiny "mewing" sounds from the same area. The exterminator had to make a return-trip to remove a half-dozen babies!
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote