View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #281
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott's Yott View Post
I'm sorry but i still dont get this whole thing....If everyone stopped working because they didnt like their boss, then I dont think many people would be working. And if they walked off the job then they should all get fired.
Well, I have left several companies because I thought they took a serious wrong turn with their business strategies. As much as I could, I would voice my concerns. After it became clear no changes were coming, I left. Every one of the companies either went out of business or suffered serious business collapses.

I think it is a sign of how much MB employees were connected to the business that they would recognize a serious problem and be willing to stand up to address it.

Talking about "firing" masses of people who all walk off the job is simplistic. The business needs the experienced people as much as the people need the business for jobs. Losing a significant amount of your workforce is extremely disruptive, perhaps fatally so, to a business. To management trying to build a business it would be unthinkable. To management only interested in getting their money out of the business, maybe they just don't care.