View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #27
sandwichgal

K&B is the best kept secret in the Lakes Region and I am always proud to be able to send visitors to them when I can. Working in a retail business in Meredith that sees lots of people from all over the country and world, I do not recommend an eatery unless I have first hand knowledge.
The Bistro is a unique dining experience and I just love the building. Yes, it is much larger than it looks and I always let people know it is not as it appears from the outside.
Karen may seem "cranky" but I find her quiet and a "get to the point" type personality. I would prefer not to be bothered after my food is served and can count on enjoying my dinner without that.
Anyone who is in food service will appreciate the struggle all in the area are having with this economic situation and I would think K&B are no different than many. If this struggle comes across as "cranky" than I think it is well earned and might be better understood if you could walk a mile in her shoes.

If you want a good fresh home cooked meal, I encourage you to give them a try. Eggplant has always been my favorite. Thin sliced and prepared to perfection - wonderful!!!! I will continue to spread the word about the "cute little building on Main Street" with hopes it helps support a hard working couple who deserve good fortune.
I am not related, they do not know me socially,I do not work for or in food service and have nothing to gain by sharing my view. Just want to do my part in helping a small business owner achieve their dream and goal.
sandwichgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandwichgal For This Useful Post: