View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #93
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Laker View Post
I haven't been on the forum for a while and just caught up on the posts. WOW you folks had some fun getting off topic a few times! Anyway, once engaging with legal counsel it is typically inappropriate to share details as it may compromise the legal process - especially given that "they" are reading these posts.

So, sorry that's all I have to offer for an update.
If you are truly going the legal route, my advice is pay for the repair (use an independant shop), and then sue. Unlike other cases make sure you understand NH law. You can likely do this in small claims as well which means no lawyer needed and you have clearly defined damages. You just need to make sure you follow the process as spelled out in the warranty.

Also be aware that the dealers can all see warranty and repair notes so if you go to another dealer they may not touch it. And if you say the word "lawyer" as a threat to them, they are robot trained to say ok, "I can't work on your car then".

Not to discourage you but a case like this with legal fees is probably going to cost you almost as much to get it repaired. My guess is you can have an independant shop get a used motor and swap it in for $2500 or less. An attorney (unless you have a family one doing pro bono) is going to cost at least half of that I suspect and you still won't have a repaired vehicle.

I'd fix it to be "whole" first, then take my chances in small claims. Gets you best resolution and most pain for them.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote