View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #80
sa meredith

Default agree..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Go back and read as I just did. What started the whole thing was the, "Hey clown" comment. I was just posting my dissatisfaction with ford trucks and the fact that there are many documented rust issues with ford trucks, one being cab corner and rear wheel well rust issues. You had a problem with my comments on this. Even ford body guys will tell you the cab corner and wheel well design is flawed. Both areas are designed to allow sediment to collect, hold water and cause rot. Many follow up posts in another thread have been added by others stating just what I've been saying.
Most car owners tend to turn their vehicles over every 4-6 years. Issues like those mentioned in the thread in question don't surface because of this.
You were defending ford, but you were also pretty much saying that those of us who were seeing these problems were full of it.
I never said ford should be responsible after X amount of time I was just stating they do have design issues that are contributing to rust out problems. My truck was rusted out at 6 years, are you saying that is to be expected? At $50,000.00 I would hope not.
I currently have rust through on both cab corners, all 4 doors, and both wheel wells. In this day & age I would have thought that they would have taken steps to protect against this.
I agree with everything you write, and that you may have indeed been eligible for some "good will" Ford finacial support. In fact, it would be common for someone that can document/demonstrate strong loyallty to the brand...repeat buyer, strong maintance record, etc...certainly not a 1 time F Series buyer, who has purchased one truck in 12/13/14 years, and never returned for any work. Anyway...yeah, maybe I take discussions to inappropriate levels...it's a character flaw. It is however tough, to be in a field, where everyone and their brother is an expert. Leaky pipes? Call a plumber...TV fuzzy? Call the cable guy...need a deck built? Call a carpenter...chimney is disrepair? Call a mason......................Question about a car purchase or repair? ASK ANYONE, EVERYONE'S AN EXPERT! I guess it is a pet peeve of mine. If I commented on something in your line of work, that you knew was just an exception, or just plain wrong, you'd call me on it, and cite your expertise as the source...it would be a fair thing to do.
on and on it goes...
I apologize for ruffling feathers...perhaps some opinions are better kept to myself. Really.
But, I really don't understand the MASS comments. I don't live in MASS, but have no issues with people who do. It really seemed like a terrible stereotype..almost akin to a racist comment. Very offensive, in my book.
That being said...
I hope the woman who started this thread has since been able to resolve her issues with Hyundai...perhaps entered in to some type of compromise, or even received a new engine at no charge. Really, I do. Car trouble sucks, but we all need them.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post: