View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts
Default Beverage tent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Sounds like the MPD would do well with a sobriety checkpoint tent set up on the corner of routes 25 and 109.
This is exactly how Bike Week down at the Weirs was ruined. Go down there during Bike Week and you can see a trooper every 30 feet. It is uncomfortable. I have nothing to worry about nor do most other riders. Too much to lose and too easy to lose it when riding if under the influence. It is just uncomfortable to be stared at, so I voted with my feet- now I ride north.

Buckey's will have their usual strict alcohol policies in place. I really should have called it a beverage tent- of course they will be have water as well as a whole assortment of soft drinks. My mistake in calling it a beer tent!

I have not noticed any notices for sobriety check points and I believe they need to post when and where.

Trust me anyone that lives in Moultonborough or the surrounding areas knows that the MPD will be keeping up their usual vigilence and zero tolerance for drunk drivers (I am good with that and fully support them).

Enjoy Bike Week and please ride sober and safely!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post: