View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
Two major Tornadoes in Iowa yesterday. Quite the devastation. We have those people in our thoughts and prayers.
Luckily the nest was not hit, but man, were they swaying up there in the wind.I They sure were and I was hoping the the nest was securely fastened to that tree. keep my office computer on, with that site on the screen most of the day....Great screen saver.
I thought I was the only crazy adult to be watching them all the time. I too leave it on so when we walk by we can view the goings on. There have been some fantastic shots when they move the camera around. Yesterday they did the whole area showing the houses around the area the fast moving brook/river and showing just how high up in the tree they are. They must be close to another road besides the one that is in the every day shot as I heard a 18 wheeler the other evening coming to a stop with his Jake breaks and then leaving going through all the gears. Some days during the day you can hear people talking
Oh, I forgot, did any of you see them feasting on a nice rabbit yesterday. The chicks sure seemed to like it better than the fish diet they have been on.