View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #27
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Fan View Post
Does anyone know if that boat was particluarly loud? I woke up very late that night and heard a loud boat out on the lake. Couldn't see it from my vantage point but it was loud enough that I got out of bed to take a look.
Might have no connnection at all, just wondering.
That boat would not typically be loud, even with the through transoms. I pass by one that looks just like it in Glendale daily and have heard it running. There are plenty of loud boats on the lake so unless you were in the vicinity it is doubtful they were the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blackdogs
Sadly, this time of year there wouldn't be many residential lights to make Diamond Island more visible. NECN is adding that the boat was headed in a southeasterly direction and that the collision happened at 2:30am.
With no power (other than if by generators) on Diamond and only a few houses tucked in the trees in that area it would be extremely dark at 2:30am, especially with the weather conditions that night. I have been to the Rock's house in the past and know the area well. They are lucky to have a Doctor be the first on scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle boy
Come on, spare us your self righteous indignation. This is the whole point...the so called speed limit crowd has called attention to these risks all along. People debate speeding/DWI/weapons violations and such after any tragedy because there is a need for serious reform now, not next week, month, or year. This is not a mark of disrespect for the dead/injured but rather concern that these tragdies are not repeated. You are the one who is making this an issue of pro/con speed limits. Investigations over the coming weeks will shed light on the circumstances.
I am sure the rumors and speculation is certainly flying around, but lets have some respect and restraint. There is plenty of time for speculation and criticism later as I am sure many will do. Someone lost their life and no matter what happened or if anyone was at fault there are pleny of lives affected. For all we know, a member of this very forum could be involved or part of one of the families.