View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #43
Skip

Post A few points of clarification...

HERE is a direct link to the form in question.

Only boat bow numbers are recorded if applicable. No personal information is recorded, and no vehicle plate numbers are recorded.

A bow number in and of itself is not personal. Only when that number is researched and a name attached does it become personal. The bow number also only indicates the registered entity, it does not have the ability to list who the operator or occupants are at any given time.

The NH Lakes Association does not inquire of the State who the boat is registered to. The information is only used on site that day at that ramp to keep track of who has already been inspected and given the presentation.

Finally, none of us know what the verbal exchange was at the ramp that day. We have one anonymous version. There is also another version that I am sure is held by the Lake hosts, and probably a third version held by the Police department.

But unless any of us were there any conversations, accusations or actions is mere speculation on are part.

That said, I am glad thart the original post appeared. It allowed me a reason to be aware of the program, motivated me to call the NH Lakes Association and get straight answers to their actions and has allowed me to develop an informed opinion that they have an excellent and well needed program in place.

Thank you NH Lakes Association. I hope you folks post regularly here on the dangers of invasive species and what we can do as boaters to mitigate the risks...