View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #40
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Hmm this is kind of interesting.

Since I have to launch every time I go to the lake I've gotten to know a couple of the lake hosts that typically sit at the ramp that I use. They have been very nice and courteous. The first time I see a new person they are friendly, introduce themselves and explain what they are there for and as a personal aside I think this program is more worthwhile, if for nothing else to educate people. Anyways never have I had any one of them just come up and inspect, rather they ask which I am more than happy to oblige.

Now that all said, every time I go in my bow numbers are recorded, I was not aware they were taking my plate number too, but as already stated it's out there for everyone to see so I see no harm. I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory that somehow your being tracked other than maybe at the end of the year the NH Lakes Assoc may compile the data to see how boats may be used or not in various water bodies and which ones to determine where they should focus their efforts.

If anyone is that worried about this information, believe me there is so much personal information that can be gotten with a computer, a little money and a few simple sites on the internet. There is no such thing as private data anymore. The lake host program is the last thing I'd be worried about. However if the kids doing it are not respectful of anyone who requests their information not be recorded that puts a bad face on an organization who is trying to do something worthwhile and noble. That is unfortunate.
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: