View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #72
Evenstar

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
You made it an issue.
No I didn't. Others make it an issue by trying to us my signature against me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
You are the one that made others signatures an issue. They have a right to use whatever they want as long as it meets forum regulations for decency, even if it does poke some fun at yours. Give it a rest and move on.
I explained my signature. No member has the right to take another forum member's post and twist it in a way that pokes fun at the other member. That is hateful and it is trolling - which is in violation of the rules of this forum. I'll "give it a rest and move on," just as soon as others here do. I'm the one being made fun of, not you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxrider View Post
It is not the size of boat. I have had Captain Bonehead run right up next to me in a 19' boat. It is the 150' rule and not speed!
Size is more than just length. My kayak is only 22 inches wide and it weighs only 50 pounds. If a powerboat hits me, who do you think will be hurt the most? And it is speed when a high-speed powerboat unintentionally violates my 150 foot zone - because they are traveling too fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
YES IT HAS! You yourself said it happened on Squam. Why do you keep saying this when you know it isn't true. Need I go back and post your comment again???????
That is not true and you know it! You are just taking my post out of context again (just like you did in #251 in the "Life after speed limits" thread).

In my very next post,#43 (which was posted way back on April 4, 2005!), I wrote: "That powerboat operator saw us just fine. He passed with 40 feet of us and laughed as his wake swamped us." So this is clearly not a case where a high-speed powerboat operator was going too fast to see me!

I also explained this in my reply to your former accusation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
This is still 100% true "Visibility has NEVER been a problem for me on Squam Lake – because there is a 40 mph speed limit which apparently keeps powerboat operators from traveling faster than their ability to see." The guy on Squam back in the summer of 2004 clearly saw us and was just being a jerk. I made that clear in that old thread, but you neglected to include that part. So that was clearly not a case of someone who was traveling too fast to see me. So go try to find something else to use against me - because you failed again. And personally I'm really getting tired of defending myself here all the time.
Hazelnut, you have no business posting these sort of posts,as they are in direct violation of the forum rules: "Do not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, slanderous, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, racist, hateful, harassing, sexually explicit, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law."

Why is it that I have to constantly defend myself on this forum???