View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 11:08 AM   #61
Lakewinniboater

Default Please read them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second
I've made no assumptions: Had the poll been, "What GPS do you use on your boat?", I doubt that a passenger would have answered. It is what it is.

The site is neither BoatUS, which needs to keep their towing capability up-front as possible, nor BoaterEd.

BoaterEd's motto, incidentally, is "Dedicated to Boater Education and Training". BTW, it was BoaterEd who turned up the nickname "GFBL", and the Moderator who said, "The ocean's only an hour away" (about Winnipesaukee's growing speed concerns).

Mee'n'Mac found it, and OSO will likely pull it as a result—probably because "It doesn't pertain to the issue", as these pulled threads seem to always be.

I found this quote honestly refreshing, but this—and the others—remain distressing:

I don't think these poll replies should be lightly dismissed.

I've already written Senators to read OSO. A whole new "take" on boating there, and not much on education. (It IS entertaining, though).

I REALLY hope the Senators are reading this one!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...2&postcount=35

(Read it—quick!).
Most of the posts clearly state that they may have a couple during the day but wait until they are docked to drink.

HOWEVER, please explain to me what this has to do with HB162??? The bill has to do with "fear" based on speed. I would be all for an BWI bill. However, that ISN"T what is up for discussion right now.

NOR, does that poll have to do with Lake Winni or NH. Most of those posters are from well out of state! This in my mind provides NO statics or mind set of our boaters here in our state.

It is simply clouding the waters more. This is really and truly out of hand! This issue has divided the lake. Why can't we agree to disagree.... let the bill die and support the other Bills that are currently in the works to make things safer.

Boaters and Residents on both sides of this argument have AGREED that there are issues on the lake and that we ALL want safety for our families and friends.

Why does it come down to HAVING to be a speed limit. There are many other options that are in process right now that will acheive safety. WITHOUT a speed limit. These proposed bills will make the lake safer.... and that is supposedly what the real issue is.

All it would take is an agreement to take speed limits out, since there is no data to support it...... then both sides making an agreement on middle ground to END THIS.

Why does it come down to one side needing to be right, when there is NO BEING right.

The Opposer's have offered new bills for safety and compromises. Why can't the Supporter's. Honestly, can't we stop this insanity????