View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 06:29 AM   #34
ApS

Post What's IGNORED is significant...

Speaking of partial quotes taken for advantage...

1) Why was my previous paragraph regarding the solicitation of a 12-year-old child to send letters to New Hampshire Senators ignored? http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...2&postcount=35

How much weight should a Senator place on the thrill-boating experiences of a Texas 12-year-old child anyway? It appears that the thrill-boaters don't care if a child assists a vote on their thrills—as long as it's favorably! Perhaps it's said best here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
Gee a site that's known for it's un-PC'ness isn't 100% PC. News at 11 !
Moreover, one of Fat Jack's URLs (requesting letters to NH Senators) will take you to a Brazilian Jet-Ski site!

2) Since you both regularly decry HB162 at the "World's Largest and Oldest Speedboat Forum", why wasn't your alcohol-use poll used as support for your contentions here?

Answer: Because it's NOT support! NHMP's Lt. Dunleavy says that 80% of NH boaters have alcohol aboard. (And added that alcohol-use appears to be on the increase).

Olympic skier Bode Miller famously stated just last week that he gets drunk to enhance the thrill of running the slopes. After hearing that...how shall we regard the 4˝-ton thrill-boater as he imbibes—then departs—from a sand bar? I'm sorry, but alcohol and piloting any craft is bad news—as we will see next summer. (Or among snowmobiles this winter).

3) Here's another example of a partial quote taken for advantage:
Quote:
Assumptions ... naah you excel at insinuations.
{snip}
What was removed with that {snip} is the following:

Quote:
Capt. Absolut checking in! I know I'll catch hell for this. But we don't boat without the bottle. Absolut and Sprite or Orange soda for the women. I know this isn't PC on this board but I think some of the people on this board don't tell the truth about this subject. Right or wrong I answered the question HONESTLY!
Captain Absolut knows some of the other thrill-boaters? And they are NOT being truthful? It certainly appears so.

4) It's easy to answer this one:
Quote:
And so back to the original topic ... how does one distinguish excess alcohol from excess speed as being the prime causitive factor in an "accident" which is purported to have both ?
Remember that "80% of boaters have alcohol on board" quote?

Let's assume that it includes kayakers. What possible threat does a drunk kayaker pose?

5) Anyway, a speed limit is needed if for no other reason to discourage even faster boating on our scenic lake. What's next?

90-MPH in a 175-horsepower, 4-stroke, 290-pound, Jet-Ski offered recently?

Answer: Yes.
Attached Images