View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #15
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I think what would be interesting is to know if anybody's favorite town is DIFFERENT than the one they live and or play in? In other words, if you live in Meredith, does anyone like Wolfeboro better? I think we usually live where we think is the nicest, if we can.
We live in Moultonborough, and our spot is very convenient for lake travel. We don't have lots of boat traffic directly in front of us, and the views aren't bad. And the taxes here are a less than in some of the other towns that have more to offer in the way of entertainment outside of one's home.

We don't really play in Moultonborough though. For that we travel to Meredith or Wolfeborough. We love both those places about equally.

When a fried dough fix is calling or some skee ball needs to be played, or a night out partying is needed, you can't beat the Weirs! Not hearin' too much love here for that area!

There's something to be said for each town. The gentleman who started the thread makes good points about in-town Meredith, but I'm guessing there are many of us who couldn't afford to live there...especially on the water. It's good to have options. ; )