View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #151
Commodore

Arrow Everyone should post to this topic

I’ve been coming to the big lake for many years. The family has stayed at some of the yacht clubs around the Lake as well as a few in salt water. I truly love the Lakes Region and wish I could afford to live by the Lake. With today’s economy however, I’m not sure I can live where I am or anywhere with a real roof and indoor plumbing!

One of the meanings of “Commodore” is the presiding officer or president of a yacht club. Many benefits go along with being a Commodore. It can be a powerful position. The head of the YC usually gets the best of everything. They get the best response to personal concerns. They have more influence on policy. They get more respect and they stand out from other Yacht Club members except from those few who think you are doing it all wrong.

A bit of work and politics and you receive the power and control often given to a Commodore along with the perks of the position.

I wanted to choose a powerful marine related screen name and The Commodore was just a natural.

I enjoy this web site very much. There are many fine people posting here and this thread is a great way to meet some of them. I wish more members would post the story behind their screen names no matter how simple or complicated the derivations.

Good wishes to all of you.