View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper of the Sea Que
[B] BTW, where were the observers on the boat that flipped the towies? Did they have them?
Yes... the boat that flipped the two kids on the tube did have an observer..... but she seemed to be slow to spot the problem... I watched as she kept trying to point the driver to the spot the kids were floating in... they were real little kids.. low in the water...lots of chop.. my concern was the speed and direction of the approaching jet skiers.

Thanks for clearing up the rules... I have no problem with admitting that the 150' rule is confusing. I decide to err on the side of caution. I also fully accept the "weaknesses" of my pontoon. (Not a great boat to have on the "Broads' when there is a ton of Boat Chop... so we are careful when we go out.)... it just seems to me that there are too many folks that pay no attention to the effects the wakes their boats create. Way too many folks that ignore the "rules of the road" (Crossing, passing, 150' ect).

I'm sticking with the Captain Bonehead theory. The guy that swamped me was not paying any attention to anything other than where he wanted to go..