View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Silver Duck is right on..

Member "Silver Duck" coined the phrase "Captain Bonehead'.

I was on the lake today going from Lake Shore Park to Mink.. What amazes me is the shear number of Captain Boneheads.

Two big old 30' plus crusiers totally ingnored the 150 rule. One came so close it's wake swamped my pontoon after I had to come to a complete stop to avoid a 150' violation... when he was the giveway boat.. and didn't. Didn't even glance in outr direction!!!! The Mount doesn't put up a wake as big as this Captain Bonehead did. (Someone needs to explain the concept of plane and trim..)

He ignored the "crossing rules' as I was the starboard vessel

http://www.boat-ed.com/nh/course/p3-...singSituations

When we got to Mink.. Sitting with our friends I was amazed to sit and watch the Jet Skiers and power boats towing tubes ignoring not only 150", but simple common sense.

Too close to shore, too close to markers, too close to other boats... it was bedlam out there. One guy flipped his "towies" and didn't see them in the water for a solid 2 mins. They almost got hit by a jet skiers on full throttle even tho the jetski was well within the 150' to the tow boat.

I'm coming down on the side of 'it's not the size or speed capabilities of the boat.. it's ALL about getting Captain Bonehead off the water... "

BTW... as a real solid "Live Free or Die" sorta guy.. it pains me to have to suggest we need more rules and or more enforcement.