View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 08:34 AM   #3
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith weekender View Post
We are located in Meredith Bay and some type of Mussels have been taking over our area for the last 5 years. As the lake warms up, they come in all around our dock and into the shallow waters. We could fill a 5 gallon pail in about 30 minutes. They get worse every year.
I would suggest contacting DES, and having the come out and identify said Mussels......

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

I lived in Vermont on Lake Champlain for 8 years... we all think the issue on Winnipesaukee are bad.... the can get a whole lot worse if people let there guard down, or decide not to address a problem as soon as they see it. On Champlain I saw issue with aquatic plants and with zebra muscles first hand... the plants chocked parts of the lake and made them absolutely unusable. I recall going to a ramp to launch my boat, only to find that the vegetation was so bad I almost could push the boat off the trailer.....I forget what the plant in that are was, but I remember researching it to find out that it was one of many evasive species of aquatic plants, and was wide spread all over lake Champlain make parts of the lake unusable.