View Single Post
Old 12-17-2023, 08:17 PM   #29
Weekend Pundit

Default And Then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanzb1 View Post
Weekend Pundit, I strongly disagree with your opinion. I don’t have to wait until it’s finished to say it is HIDEOUS. It’s already obvious! And, no, I don’t like all the other storage buildings around here either. In addition, I understand there is going to be constructed another storage facility (the same red barn?) directly behind this one. Ugh, ugh, ugh.
And I have talked to a lot of people in town who disagree with you. They like the 'barn' as it isn't an eyesore like most of the other storage buildings in town. I daresay it's better looking than some of the other buildings along that stretch of Lake Shore Road.

You are correct that there is a second barn that is planned to be built behind the first one. The land has been prepped and I think the slab has already been poured.

With that out of the way, what are your thoughts on the new Airport Deli/Haffner's/Dunkin's being built to replace the existing one at the corner of Route 11 and Old Lake Shore Road?

Two of the neighboring buildings have been demolished, a new foundation dug out and poured, and construction of the new store's frame should commence soon. Once completed, the convenience store/deli and Dunkin's will move into the new building, the old store building will be demolished and new gas pumps installed in its place. The old pumps will be removed and the first entrance off of Gilford East Drive will be removed.

Dunkin's will have a better drive-thru with two lanes. There's also been a rumor of a new pizza joint going in there as well.
Weekend Pundit is offline   Reply With Quote