Thread: Boating Safety
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2023, 12:37 PM   #7
znh

Had two incidents the last couple of weeks...

First, going to get gas at West Alton, come off plane 150 feet away from the entrance to the channel at the edge of the sandbar, a red jetboat right at the red marker floors it full throttle right in front of us making a very large 3+ foot wake wave coming right at us, nowhere for me to go, very large wave comes right over the bow, soaking all the teens sitting in front wearing sweatshirts, now all the bags, clothes, phones, etc...are soaking wet, guy driving the boat was laughing and the teenagers in his bow were making some odd hand gestures at the boats behind them...what a complete douchebag...

Second, coming back from tubing at Ames and we had my daughter and her boyfriend in the tube behind us on the way back to our house, we are going by the mooring field at Lake Shore Park and I was admittedly probably already too close to the mooring buoys, say about 75-80 feet from them, a huge center console, at least 28-30 feet, three large outboards, comes flying by us between me and the buoys, less then 40 feet from our boat, with a large red tube trailing behind us and us barely on plane, he had to be doing at least 28-30 MPH, I throw my hands up and they start acting like they have no idea what they did wrong and flip me off, wish I could have followed them to their destination to let them know how stupid and dangerous they were...
znh is offline   Reply With Quote