View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #11
Airwaves

Sure they could run the bow numbers and see who the jet ski belonged to, and that is probably what they ended up doing. But since they didn't get the name in the first place they created much much more work for themselves and another department downstream. The LPD told the folks at the boat club that Lawrence was concerned that the jet ski discovered may have belonged to a seperate incident and that someone was still in the water!

The denial aspect of the story came to me from a media source who called them to check on the report. He told me that they denied it happened in the first place.

I don't know how things are where you live, but rescuing a person about to go over the Pawtucket Falls in Lowell is not a fender bender that goes unreported.

Also, the damage to the jetski was probably sufficient enough that it should also have been reported to the state. Off the top of my head I don't recall the monetary threashold in Massachusetts but in looking at the remaining jetski it looked fairly new and in good condition so I'm sure it exceeded the damage threashold.
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote