View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
SumoDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
It is certainly possible, but I hope that is not the case. The Common Man Group has become a chain of decent restaurants (I do eat there) that are well run and managed. I would hate to see the Woodshed kitchen work under the direction of a "corporate" executive chef.

I am sad, I live very close to the Woodshed and I eat there once and even twice a week typically. I like Kirk and Paige and think it is a great place.I have not talked with them yet but I also believe the Woodshed will survive mostly intact. They are busy- like everyone else, mid-week off season is tough. But weekends and all summer... slammed. I will be going in tonite and may be able to report more if they want me too.
Alex Ray - Corporate??? - guess you do not know Alex - to my knowledge Common Man Group is owned by Alex and he does not answer to shareholders looking to max profits and returns.

You are correct about the sadness portion - wish present owners all the luck in the world to pull thru and continue to run Woodshed the way Lynn and Bob used to
SumoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SumoDog For This Useful Post: