View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #38
VtSteve

Default What the heck

there's always an opening in the peanut gallery

Sometimes I like the loud boats, mostly not. Definitely depends on the distance and time of day. But most of the time it's not worth sweating. Now if I had to live near/on a NWZ, that would be different. A steady stream of boats coming off/on plane, with the requisite noise and wakes? That would not make me happy.

SOTD, I'm almost in agreement with some of your anti-noise comments. It sucks to be having a conversation, and not being able to hear anything until a boat goes by. Oh well, I do live on the lakefront. At night? Yes it's even louder as nothing is there to run noise interference. But not unbearable, nor does it last long enough to be of much concern.

SOTD, take the suggestion to join/meet with the SBONH people. You'd probably be a welcome addition to the group, and many of your thoughts are shared. Good things come with communication and cooperation. I can definitely agree with some of the warnings you post about activities of the few limiting the many. I suggested (warned) people of that awhile back.

Meet up with Scott and the others some day, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. You may also find that you have some new friends that not only share some of your concerns, but can help out as well. It's been a pretty good summer thus far, and making friends only adds to the enjoyment.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VtSteve For This Useful Post: