View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #36
Shreddy

Default Beating a dead horse

I forgot how serious this board can be sometimes. I added the laughing face to emphasize the fact that I was stirring the pot. Please excuse me. Noise is an ever growing issue, but you can only complain about it so much. As I originally said, the best form of fighting loud vehicles and toys is to self police and talk to friends. If you feel strongly otherwise, get involved.

For the record, I got that snowmobile ticket three years ago. No, I don't ride with an aftermarket exhaust anymore on sleds. The issue in that area is exactly how everyone has stated thus far. My bike and jet ski does have aftermarket exhausts, however, you'd never know with the jet ski and both are setup for performance. Like I said, aftermarket exhausts can be controlled to an acceptable point (not redlining all the time). For the record, I don't own a harley, and I don't feel my exhaust is near the sound level of some of those!

Going back to the word of mouth policing, I would assume the majority of people that read these boards understand the nature of the issues surrounding noise. However, what everyone needs to realize is that probably less that 5% of active participants in these sports read these forums. Of that, I'd assume less that 1% is in the population that are worthy of complaining about. I'm talking all forums regarding these issues, not just winnipesaukee.com (snowmobiling, jet sking, etc.). Cheers to a never ending discussion about noise!
Shreddy is offline   Reply With Quote