View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 07:57 AM   #19
painthappy

Thanks everyone! Spent Friday night up there and took most of the weekend getting it ready. No internet so I was unable to make a reply to the comments.

We're thinking of just keeping it no internet. This way our 12 year old will actually have to get outside and "do" things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith weekender View Post
Congrats on the second home!!! You may want to think about an alarm system that lets you remotely monitor your heat and also can give you camera options to view your dock / boats. We automated the house 4 years ago and love it. When we leave Manchester in the winter to head north the heat gets turned up so it is nice and warm when we get there. The cameras allow us to view boars and watercraft in the summer but also make sure our bubbler is working in the winter. The heat alarm also lets you know when the heat gets below a desired setting. Worth the investment.

All of this is a great idea. I'm assuming I probably need wifi there then to make all of that work. Hmm... We were thinking of an alarm system (as we have at home, but that was purchased 10 years ago and things have come a long ways now). I wouldn't mind a way to at least turn up the heat before we got there. That would be a nice feature.
painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote