Thread: Radar Detectors
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #25
hazelnut

Bear Islander you want so bad to believe that you are above all the name calling and mud slinging... Whatever helps you sleep at night.

My post above was in DIRECT RESPONSE to yours:

Aluminum boats have flotation under the seats. They will not sink. Sink means go to the bottom. If a boat is floating, then it has not sunk.
It is very difficult, almost impossible, to get anything to stay suspended below the surface of the water. If you wait a little it will go to the bottom or the surface.
If you had an aluminum boat that would sink below the surface but not go to the bottom, you should have sold it to the Navy.
I checked Websters. Sink = "go to the bottom". You should look up swamped, that is the word you are looking for.

Hmmm oddly looks like an attack to me. Guess I misread it though?

If you want to go on thinking that you are above it all and the anti-Speed Limit crowd is beneath you and your supreme intelligence keep on kidding yourself.

We post facts, YOU post spin. Your entire position is based on supporting a law that treats no ailment. Laws are usually enacted to treat a specific problem. The specific problem here is overcrowding/traffic. The law "SPEED LIMIT????" Does that not make your head spin. It's like a Band-Aid on a bullet wound. No study has been done to determine if this will even HELP the problem. Don't you get that? Obviously not. If you did you would realize that this law will be followed by many more stupid laws until New Hampshire makes Massachussetts look like Nevada.

As for a clue, It's obvious that I have one and you my friend do not. You put your entire family in an aluminum boat in October???? Somehow I'm the bad guy for telling you that it is dangerous and you might all get in deep trouble. Not that I even knew that you had an aluminum boat anyway. You should thank me for cluing YOU in on the danger you are putting your family in.